10.14.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

I'm pretty much a chronological scrapbooker.  Sometimes I will do a "theme" album, especially of our vacations, but even those tend to go in order of events.  It's just how my brain works, I guess.   Last week I finally finished Part 1 of our 2009 family album.  Yes!  It always feels good to complete that final page.  For some reason the last 5 -10 pages really stumped me.   The last page almost seemed to create itself though.  Isn't if funny how the least "important" pictures can be the easiest to put together and turn out better than the ones we slaved over?


I even managed to make this (almost) entirely with Stampin' UP! products.  Admittedly my SU and scrapbooking don't cross that often yet.  That is changing as I have earned all those paper packs from SU this year.  :)   The only thing on this page that isn't SU are the brads.  I think SU sells some just like it, but I have a plethora of metallic brads in my stash.

The page started with just those 2 pictures.  I went to my papers and and this lovely DSP from last year's SAB jumped out at me.  Isn't it a perfect combo of greens, blues and browns, just like the pictures?  I have to say, I love it when that happens.  The only thing was I had this great paper and nice photos, but that left me with a lot of blank spots.  Again I went looking through my stash for some kind of embellishment, but then I realized I could make my own.  The end result was even better than I imagined it would be.  


It's hard to see (on purpose because I'm not a fan of my handwriting) but I created my own journaling box in the top right corner using the same Apothecary Arts Framelit that I did for my stamped embellishment. 

Now it's time to start the second half of 2009.  My goal is to be no more than 2 years behind on my scrapbooking.  I've got a long ways to go, but that's okay.  When it comes to scrapbooking the joy truly is in the journey.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


From My Heart Clear-Mount Stamp Set
From My Heart

Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Top Note Die
Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies
Apothecary Accents Framelits

Linen Thread - by Stampin' Up!
Linen Thread


2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I am loving your fabulous designs with this great stamp set and dies!! Bumping it to the top of my wish list!! It looks sensational on your scrapbook layout, Heather!

Nathalia O. said...

Congrats on your scrapbooking achievement! I love the embellishment you created. You make that stamp set look fabulous!