10.28.2012

Scrapbook Sunday ~ Pens

Scrapbooking really does make me happy.  I love looking at pictures and finding a way to make our memories shine.


As I said last Sunday I kicked my scrapbooking into high gear, completing almost 20 pages in one week.  How did I do that?  By simplifying some of the steps, and letting the pictures shine.  Last week I showed you some pages that used punches to get the perfect quick shape.   This week I'll show you how I used a pen to make journaling and titles easy.  :)



Isn't this Softball page fun?  I tilted the pictures instead of lining them up.  I also used a simple white mat on each picture to pop them off the darker background.  To mat your pictures just cut a piece of cardstock 1/8"- 1/4" bigger than your photo. On the RHS I cut one of the pictures long and narrow.  Having one picture on a page in a different size from the rest adds interest to your page, and can help you fit more pictures into your layout.


I pulled out my sticker letters for this page.  These make a page go together quickly, but once I had them on my page I realized they blended too much into the background paper and were hard to see.  Uni-Ball White Signo Pen to the rescue!   Dots and dashes added to each letter gave these letters a custom look.


Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen - by Stampin' Up!
White Signo Pen




If you click on the picture you will be able to see how I used the same white gel pen to add a title to my page on the LHS. (left hand side) Don't be afraid to mix and match embellishments with your journaling.  In fact, I made my own embellishment for the journaling box on the RHS.

To make this unique box I punched the Starbucks clock tower out of the center of my picture.  Then I cut a journaling box out of white cardstock 1/2" smaller than my picture, making sure to cover the punch out.  I adhered the scallop circle to my white cardstock and used a gumball green Stampin' Write marker to journal. 


2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers
2012-2014 InColor Stampin' Write Markers

2-3/8 Inch Scallop Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
2 3/8" Circle Punch



Real Red Stampin' Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Real Red Marker

Of course you can always just use any color Stampin' Write maker on white space to add titles, captions and journaling. My rule of thumb is to use white, gold or silver on dark paper OR add a light colored tag/journaling box to write in. If I have a light or white background, then I choose a pen in one of the colors I want to pull from my pictures/papers.

Again, I used the white Signo pen to add a caption to this page.  You could use the pen to make a border around you entire page, or each picture.  White and black pens are great for adding faux stitching to any embellishment.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: