10.21.2012

Scrapbook Sunday ~ Getting Punchy

Would you believe I made over 16 scrapbook pages last week?  Something just clicked and I was whipping them out.  Part of the reason was I wanted them done.  It's better to have these pictures in albums that can be looked at than in a box in the corner of our hobby room. 

 
As you can see this page is fairly simple.  I didn't even mat the photos.  Instead I put them on a light enough background that I didn't need to.  See those circles?  Those were PUNCHED out using the 2 1/2" punch.  So easy!


2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
2 1/2" Circle Punch


Sorry for the glare on the next picture.  I took it after I had the page protector on.  The papers are from last year's Sale-A-Bration catalog.  So happy that I still have some of that fabulous paper left.  It's great for scrapbooking.




You may recognize this next page.  I actually filmed a video on it  Click HERE if you want to see that post.   Sometimes it is easier to work on smaller size pages.  You can then take that smaller size and mount it on a 12x12 page.  I angled mine to give it more interest.  This is the first page in my album. 


1-1/4 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Various Punches



My last page for today is another one that uses a punch.  First I punched out Avery's cupcake with the large scallop punch, then I punched the white cardstock with the largest circle punch to mat the scallop and make her cupcake pop off the page.


To tie into the scallop punch, I used a small scallop circle as a tag for my hidden journaling.  I just happened to have a sparkly cupcake sticker, so I added that to the tag. 


1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch
1 1/4" Scallop Circe Punch

One last thing to point out about this page.  I was selective on the pictures I matted.  Only one or two per page.  This is a great way to draw you eye to those pictures and see them separately from the whole. 
Next weekend I am getting together with some scrapbooking friends to spend the day working on our albums.  My goal is to have our 2009 family pictures scrapbooked by the end of October.  I have about 30 pages to go.  If I keep on this role I'll be able to do it.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful scrapbook pages, Heather!! That bird's nest is amazing!!