10.13.2012

Autumn's Arrival



Autumn has finally arrived here in the Pacific Northwest.  I wish you could see the lovely colors in the trees and hear the sound of the wind and rain hitting our windows.  Well, at least I can show you a couple of pictures from our backyard.

 
 
 

The camera just doesn't do it justice.  You can see it has inspired me though in my card today.  I've been wanting to make more Fall cards, but it's hard to do when the sun is shining and the trees are green. 


To make this card I pulled out an old color that is way under used, Bravo Burgundy.  It looks fabulous with the black ink and tan thread.  I really should pull this color out more often.  You might also recognize my inspiration from Shelli Gardner's card in THIS POST




When I saw her make that card I knew I wanted to try it in a more traditional Autumn color.  I was planning on pulling out Cajun Craze but Bravo Burgundy caught my eye first.  That's the fun of buying a collection of colors, you  might surprise yourself with what you like once you see it in person.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Inks, Etc.: Versamark, Bravo Burgundy, Black Staz-On, Clear Embossing Powder


French Foliage - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
French Foliage

Lovely Little Labels Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Lovely Little Labels
Tiny Tags - Clear Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Tiny Tags
Jewelry Tag Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Jewelry Tag Punch


Linen Thread - by Stampin' Up!
Linen Thread

 

4 comments:

Shea said...

Oh my, your fall color is FABULOUS!! Our is just beginning to start, though we don't get quite those same vibrant shades of red. Your card is lovely as well. You've inspired me to pull out my Bravo Burgundy. And I'm totally enjoying your blog!

Nathalia O. said...

I love the color and the subtle stamping. The card is a wonderful fall card

Kristie said...

WOW, your fall color is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them! So pretty, our color is gone in NH now. We actually had snow flurries the other day. Ugh! It is too soon for that!
Love your card and your choice of Bravo Burgundy! Great job!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love fall leaves! What a beautiful autumn card, Heather!