9.19.2012

Retro Well Wishes ~ rs#29

As I said on my post on Monday, one of my Father-in-laws is having surgery soon.  (Yes, I have two father-in-laws. That makes me extra special!)  I made another "get well" card to send to him while he is recovering.  It's not completely masculine, but I think the colors make it work so that I can send it to him.


As you can see, I am having fun playing with more autumnal colors this week.  The design is from this week's sketch at Retro Sketches.  Such a fabulous sketch, as always.  I'll be using this one again and again!


Nothing about this card was difficult for me.  For some reason it seemed to come together very easily.  Doesn't that butterfly look like it just landed on my card?



The only snag was that my only corner rounder is a Creative Memories one and it is too big for the little squares.  I wanted a slightly rounded corner on each of the squares, but the CM made them almost into a circle.  Instead I just rounded 2 opposite corners, and it turned out fine.

I wonder if the SU corner rounder is an smaller???? hmmm.... if you know, please leave me a comment. 


Let me know if you make a card for Retro Sketches this week.  I would love to see what you do with it.  :)



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Papillion Potpouri, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black, Early Espresso
Paper: Orchard Harvest DSP, Newsprint (retired), Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
Misc.: Brushed Bronze Button, Linen Thread, Punches

5 comments:

Andrea said...

The butterfly looks so real! Lovely card-I'm sure it will cheer your father-in-law!

Kimie said...

Heather, this is absolutely gorgeous! Omega! I love everything about this card and am adding it to the list of cards I want to CASE. That butterfly DOES look like it just landed on your card. Great job!! TFS!

Jo said...

This is wonderful! Love the 3D effect

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this remarkable design!! So very gorgeous, Heather!

Heather North said...

Thanks, Sweet Fairy. I would be honored if I inspired you in some way. :)