9.03.2012

Keep Calm & Stamp On

You may not believe this, but I designed this card ALL By MYSELF!  No sketches or challenges involved.  :)  Basically, I let the stamping be my guide.  The only thing I knew going into this card was that I wanted to use this stamp set, and I wanted ribbon wrapped between the two phrases.
 



Don't you love this stamp set?  It was not available for awhile, but you can get it now with your hostess $$$ 


Carry On Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Carry On Clear (Hostess Set)
I thought about using the sentiment "Cry A Little (if needed)" because this is the card I made when my kids went back to school.  Every year after I drop my kids off I do cry a little.  (or a lot)   The reason I chose "Stamp On" is that I am going to send this to someone who needs a little cheering up and I thinking stamping does make her feel better.  :)

The flowers were a happy accident.  I stamped them and then pulled out most of my punches trying to decide which one I wanted to use.   I ended up punching it out with the Boho Blossoms Punch, then layered them with the new small scallop circle punch.  Then I added a silver brad to the center of each flower and popped them up on dimensionals.


This card certainly lifted my spirits and I hope it will for my friend as well.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Polka Dot Parade

Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Rich Razzleberry Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon



2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I do love this set and just had to have it! Mine hasn't seen ink yet. I love what you have done with it here! Great design, Heather!

Smiles, Laurie said...

I do love this set, too! Had been seeing this expression everywhere and had been thrilled when SU came out with it! I love the way you worked with it...and the polka dot paper looks wonderful!