9.12.2012

Hello Girly

A little over a year ago I gave up getting acrylic nails.  My own nails were so weak and brittle and thin that it hurt to have no "fake" nails on them.  I thought it was time to give my nails a break.  It took almost a year for them to grow out and get stronger.   During the long process I have been experimenting with different polishes.   There are some colors or brands of polish that just weren't right for me.  I decided to give those polishes to my neighbor and her 2 daughters.  The girls are in  high school, and I figure if the 3 of them can't use them they probably know someone who can.  Especially the (almost) brand new polishes. 




After watching a video on Kristina Werner's blog showing her creative use of nail polish I decided to make a card to include with the polishes.  Isn't this a fun way to create your own background paper?

 
It was fun to make such a girly card.  Hope the girls like it and the nail polish.  If not, I'll take them back and use them to make more cards.  :) 



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Lacy & Lovely
Ink: Regal Rose
Paper: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pink Pirrouette, Vellum
Misc: Assorted Nail Polish, Scallop Oval Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Regal Rose 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Square Duo Die

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is cute, love the nail polish polka dots! I got a good chuckle at the nail polish also, my daughter just left for college with a gallon size ziploc bag full and the first thing she I'd when she got there was order two more!

Nathalia O. said...

What a fantastic idea! And the card turned out so cute.

Andrea said...

Love the nail polish polka dots and I'm sure the girls will love the nail polish too!

Dorothy S said...

They should be pretty happy with that gift. Your dots are great, and I really like the sentiment tag with the big hello.

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun!! I love your nail polish background!!

Unknown said...

Ha!! I love this! I gave up the nails also...I am too rough with my hands and my own nails would hurt so bad after taking the acrylics off. And...I just decided I wanted to spend the money elsewhere! :-)
This card is just so stinkin' cute!