9.20.2012

From My Heart, Thanks ~ Mojo#259

Continuing on with my (personal) fall challenge this week.   I made a thank you card with some non-traditional Fall colors.  I think it still has a fall feel to it though.  Perhaps it is the Early Espresso sponging.  :)


Once again I used a sketch for my jumping off point.  This time it is a Mojo Monday sketch.  I usually love their sketches, but have a hard time finishing them in time.  Thankfully they do stay open forever and some day I just might get to all the ones I have printed off.  :)


I pulled out my much loved and yet often neglected Top Note Die for this challenge instead of using a circle.  I REALLY like how it turned out.


The sentiment here is lovely.  I decorated it simply by coloring in the heart with a blender pen and Raspberry Ripple ink, then added some small pearls.  Once the card was complete I added some Dazzling Details Glitter glue to the heart so it could sparkle.  I think it would look good with Crystal Effects too.


My second variation on the sketch was to add some linen thread to the banner.  For some reason I really like thread, twine, or ribbon on my banners.  I curled the end a bit to give it some more dimension.


Like I said, not your typical fall colors, but the Harvest Orchard DSP does give it an Autumn feel.  Now I have a thank you card to send to the next person who places a Stampin' UP order with me.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: From My Heart
Ink: Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple
Paper: Harvest Orchard DSP, Crumb Cake CS, Lucky LimeadeCS, 2011-2013 In Color DSP Patterns Stack, Naturals White CS, Early Espresso CS
Misc.: Linen Thread, Top Note Die, Dazzling Details

4 comments:

Dorothy S said...

This is such a lovely interpretation of the sketch. I do like the twine wrapped around the banner - I hope I think to use that idea some time soon.

dawnmercedes said...

I love the colors you have chosen for this layout challenge!

Unknown said...

THis is awesome! I like a lot of the Mojo Monday sketches too but I get a bit scared off by them. My skill level on sketch challenges is "Basic"! I love that sentiment & just everything on this card.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your take on the MOJO sketch!! Fabulous colors and shapes in your lovely design!!