8.02.2012

Balloon Ornaments

Yesterday the new Stampin' UP Holiday mini catalog went live.  In the morning, after dropping off my son at Driver's Ed, I was thinking about 2 things. 

1) What card could I make to showcase one of the great new products from the Holiday mini?
Even though I love the Holiday's, it was such a nice sunny day yesterday that I couldn't get into the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas mood.  Soooooo.... I started thinking more about the 2nd thing...

2) Do I have a stamp set that I could use to make a birthday card for a 4 year old girl?  (Avery's birthday party is this weekend, and I don't have time to order a set just to make her card.  oops)


As I was driving my mind drifted a bit to how beautiful the sky was.  The sky was a brilliant blue and the clouds were white & fluffy.  I thought about making another sky card, but that didn't seem very "holiday" ish.  I thought, I could probably make balloons for Avery's card, and put them in the sky, and then I thought about using the ornament stamp and Framelits to make that card.   Here is what I came up with.

After I stamped the balloons, I thought they looked more like hot air balloons than regular balloons, but that's okay, because they are still SUPER cute!

I'm thinking about adding some Dazzling Details to the center of the balloons to make them sparkle a bit.  What do you think?
I'm probably going to cut those Baker's Twine "tails", but they look good dangling down when you are holding the card.   To make that banner I cut a 1" strip of Whisper White cardstock, then stamped the sentiment from Seasonal Sayings set.  Then I colored in some of the letters with Pool Party, Blushing Bride (retired) and Wisteria Wonder markers.  I notched one end into a tail, then took my Marina Mist marker and made dash lines around the banner. 

Here's a peek at the inside of the card.  It would make a darling card front.  I used the Blue Ribbon stamp set, along with my marker and punches to add some layers and color to the ribbon.

So, even if you are not in a "holiday mood" or "mode" you may just find something in the new Holiday mini to inspire you today. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you have not yet seen the Holiday Mini click the catalog image below to check it out online.  :)

2012 Holiday Catalog
2012 Holiday Mini
Ornament Keepsakes Clear-Mount Bundle
Ornament Keepsake Bundle


Seasonal Sayings Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Seasonal Sayings







No comments: