7.13.2012

Sweet Friend ~ Mojo249

Sometimes it is nice to know your friends are thinking of you.  This card is sure to make any friend smile, especially if their favorite color is yellow.  For some reason people who love the color yellow tell me it makes them smile.   :)  I'm not usually a big fan of yellow, but SU's Daffodil Delight is a nice bright yellow.


When I saw this week's sketch at Mojo Monday I knew I wanted to try using the Summer Smooches DSP.  It is a bright cheerful pack, and I have a friend that could use a bit of bright cheer in her mailbox. This should lift her spirits, don't you think?



While I LOVE the stitching on the sentiment in the sketch, my sewing machine is broken so I can't do that.  :(   Never fear, I'm getting a new one very soon!  I like the look of Baker's Twine, so I grabbed my Island Indigo BT and wrapped it around instead of stitching. 


The main image is from a new stamp set called Blooming With Kindness.  I stamped it in Wild Wasabi, then I used an aqua painter with some Daffodil Delight ink and "watercolored" the flower in.  Next I took my aqua painter and some Wild Wasabi ink to color in the stem, then I watered the ink down some more and went around the flower to softly outline the image.   I'm no expert at watercoloring, but I do like the way it looks in person.

For the finishing touch I tied a bow using Baker's Twine through a yellow button from the Brights Buttons pack.   This would be super cute with 3 yellow brads, as well, but I don't have yellow brads and I have 2 packages of Brights Buttons.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe: All items SU

Stamps: You Are Loved (sentiment), Blooming With Kindness
Paper: Summer Smooches DSP, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Misc.:  Brights Buttons, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Island Indigo Bakers Twine, Bitty Banners Framelits Die

Blooming with Kindness Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Blooming With Kindness

2 comments:

Sally Eidson said...

Hi Heather,

What a pretty card and one of my favorite new SU flowers. Just signed up to get your updates. We met in "SN."

Sally Eidson

Heather North said...

Thanks Sally. :)