6.16.2012

You're Amazing... Dad

I'm blessed to be married to a wonderful man who happens to be the father of my children.  :)  He's not only a wonderful husband, but he is also an amazing dad.  I wanted his Father's Day card to reflect that.  Here is what I came up with.




Yes, I have (finally) been having fun with my box of goodies that arrived last week.   It was fun to choose my FREE stamp sets and paper packs.  :)
 I've been looking at my favorite blog sites whenever I get a free moment, and so far I haven't seen many Masculine Father's Day type card to draw inspiration from. :(  It's a shame because I think the sets I just got are perfect for anyone, but especially the guys.  I finally decided that I would just open up my new box and start playing.  :)  Turns out it was EASY to create MASCULINE cards with my new stuff!!!




The baker's twine adds a nice touch without being super feminine.  The button brad is retired, but I thought it would be perfect on my card.  (If you want a similar look and don't have the brads you can punch out your DSP with a 1/2" circle punch and cover with Crystal Effects.  When it dries it will be shiny and glossy.) 


As you can see I also had fun with the new Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies.  I embossed my main image with Black Embossing Powder onto both Whisper White and Island Indigo paper.  I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I went with both.  I cut off the ends of the Island Indigo piece so that it would fit better on my card.  Then I layered those pieces onto Basic Black cardstock, punched the corners with the ticket corner punch (retired) and wrapped some Bakers Twine around it.


So far this card could go to any Amazing person in your life.  The inside is where my kids will write their message to their dear dad.



One last look at today's card.



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set
You're Amazing Stamp Set




World Spectacular Designer Series Paper
World Spectacular DSP


Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies
Apothecary Accents Framelits

White Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Baker's Twine

Other Products Used: (mostly for inside of card)
Stamps: You Are Loved, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: 2011-2013 DSP Patterns Stack
Misc.: Versamark, Black Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Basic Black & Whisper White Cardstock, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Decorative Label Punch, XL Oval Punch

No comments: