6.07.2012

U Rock My World, Dad ~ Mojo 244



My dad's birthday is next week, and I thought this week's sketch at Mojo Monday would be perfect for a card for him.  :) 


The inside of the card is where I put the Happy Birthday sentiment from Perfectly Penned.  I also decorated it a bit with the compass stamp from The Open Sea.  It was punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch, then I punched out the Midnight Muse cardstock with 1 3/8" circle punch and layered them together

River Rock used to be my least favorite color in the SU line, but I find myself grabbing it often lately.  It is a great nuetral for masculine cards, and it is divine with the (retired) Well Worn DSP. 





The sentiment was perfect to go along with the globe from the Open Sea stamp set.  You could easily swap it out for Happy Father's Day, Happy Birthday, Thank You, Thinking of You, Miss You, etc.  That is one of the things I love about card making... taking a design and changing it by using different colors, papers or sentiment.



I got that little compass charm from a local business called shipwreck beads over a year ago.  I think I'm going to suggest Stampin' UP come out with a compass charm to go along with Open Sea. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


The Open Sea - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
The Open Sea
Perfectly Penned - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Perfectly Penned

Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch

Early Espresso Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso Bakers Twine

1 comment:

Kimie said...

Heather, this is a wonderful card! Your dad is sure to love it. I am finding that I "need" this stamp set. I especially like the compass charm tied around the ribbon and the many layers. :)