6.26.2012

Friendship, Yes Please ~ Mojo 247

Isn't it great when you can start off your day by getting your craft on?  Even though my kids have been out of school for a week, today feels like the first day of summer vacation.  Last week was all about All-Stars... 2 a day practices, schrimage, tournament, etc.  Yesterday we cleaned the house, unloaded the SUV of all the baseball gear, chairs, towels, coats, etc.  Today was like a breath of fresh air.   Nowhere to go, the house was (mostly) cleaned yesterday.  The windows are open letting in the cool morning breeze.  ahhhhh....

Enough about my morning, you probably want to see the card, right?  There was a time when EVERYTHING about card making was difficult for me.  Now, the hardest thing is usually making choices.  Especially about colors/papers.



When I saw yesterday's Mojo Monday sketch I knew which stamp set I wanted to use.  One of my friends (actually all of my friends) have been sadly neglected since baseball season started, and I wanted to send her a card letting her know I was thinking about her.  The friendship sentiment was perfect, and it fit the sketch!



I knew I wanted to use pink, as it is her favorite color, and I also wanted to use background paper in a light shade of blue that looked like wallpaper.  Normally I would grab Beau Chateau, but I had already stamped and cut out the main image in Whisper White and it didn't look good with the Very Vanilla shades of B.C. so I went on a search, and found the awesome paper in last year's hostess paper pack.  :)  See, hoarding paper can be a good thing.  LOL


Yes, this card uses 2 paper packs and a circle cutter that are no longer available, but I am a firm believer in using up what you have.  (Besides I ordered the big circle punch and it hasn't come in yet. ;) 

One of the things I love about sketches is that they are great for using up your scrap stash.   The friendship banner does just that.   I stamped just the top portion of the stamp onto a scrap of Fan Fair paper, and cut it out, then adhered it to my circle image.  You could also just color it in with your marker or a blender pen, but I love this added detail.


To "bling it up" I added some dazzling diamonds to the teapot and a basic rhinestone to the top of the kettle.  My Tammie loves her some bling.  I hope she will feel the love when she gets this card.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: From My Heart
Paper: Fan Fair, DSP Subtle Patterns, Pack, Basic Grey, Pink Pirrouette, Whisper White, Various retired papers
Ink: Basic Grey
Misc.: Scallop Square Duo Die, Dazzling Diamons, 2 way glue, Basic Rhinestones

From My Heart Clear-Mount Stamp Set
From My Heart

Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Square Duo

No comments: