6.29.2012

Birthday ~ Young Man

It must be "birthday boy" week.  My other son got invited to a birthay party, and he needed a card for his friend who is turning 17!  That seems impossible to me.  Wasn't I just a teenager?   I guess not.  :) 

Here is the card my son helped me with.   He picked the papers and told me what colors to add.   Basically it was blue and then Tyler told me his friend's favorite color is orange, so we had to add some orange. 


It uses the retired paper pack Well Worn, but you could substitute one of the current paper packs and make this card.  Daring Adventure stamp set is what takes center stage.   If you need a stamp set to make masculine cards for teens and adults, this stamp set is FANTASTIC! 


I used Teeny Tiny Wishes to stamp Happy Birthday onto the twill ribbon.  Stamping on ribbon is a cool effect.  The tags were punched out using the Jewelry Tag Punch and then I stuck them onto a safety pin.  Cute without being "girly".


Can you spot the orange tag I added?  Sorry, I don't know my Stampin' UP orange colors, but I think I pulled it from the Regals collection.  If you look at the inside you will see the Happy Birthday sentiment my son chose from the (retired) 2011-2012 Hostess set.  He chose it so that I could color the "i" Orange.


This time I didn't fancy up the inside with a money holder.  I had to run to the nearest ATM on the way to the party to pull out more cash so I had something for my son to put inside it.  :)  I rarely carry cash anymore, and the birthday earlier this week wiped me out.   LOL.  



It was great yesterday when I realized I needed a card for a birthday and I could go to my craft room to create it.  I didn't need to head into town and try to pick out a card.  The best part was I got to spend 15 minutes with my son (somewhat) involved with me in my crafting.  As a 15 year old boy, he doesn't find much interest in the creating of cards and scrapbooks, but since I was making something for his friend he humored me and helped by picking out elements.   :)   I cherish times like those.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Daring Adventures, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Well Worn DSP, Not Quite Navy, River Rock
Ink: Not Quite Navy, River Rock, ??? Orange
Misc.: Vintage Trinkets, Jewelry Tag Punch, (retired) Twill ribbon, ??? Orange Brad, Paper Piercing Tool

No comments: