5.12.2012

Thinking of Mom

Sometimes I make cards just to have them on hand for when I need a card and don't have time to make one. 
Sometimes I make a card for a challenge.
Sometimes I make cards to use new product.  :)
Sometimes I make a card just because I want to get creative.

Most of the time I make cards for a specific person and specific reason.  When I make a card like this I try to make a card that reflects them and their personality.
This beauty of a card is for my mum in law.   For some reason this stamp set reminds me of her.  My boys agreed.  They saw me making it and said, "that looks like something Nana would like".  It uses the Apothecary Art stamp set, that I'm pretty sure is going to carry over into the new catalog. It was still available to order last night. :)  The Attic Boutique paper is already gone (good thing I bought her a pack when it first came out), but I think DSP Patterns Stack or Beau Chateau would be a lovely choice for this card as well.
Speaking of the new catalog... If you make any purchase of at least $25 through my Stampin' UP! store this month, I will send you one of the new catalogs for FREE!  Can't beat free.  :)

Sorry that the photograph is a bit washed out.  I wanted to take this picture before I shipped out the card, and the lighting wasn't great.

Somehow the pink (Blushing Bride) roses and soft yellow (Daffodil Delight) background paper just seemed like something my MIL would love. I hope she does. I added some Basic Pearls and Dazzling Diamonds to bling it up a bit.   (Even if you buy a store bought card you can add pearls or rhinestones or glitter to fancy it up and make it your own.)



It may be difficult to see, but I stamped randomly onto a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock with the leaf pattern from Best Friends Forever (retiring) before I cut it out using the Framelits Label Die.  It added a little something.  All the edges are sponged.  The roses and leaves were colored using markers, blender pen and aqua painter.  I couldn't decide which look I wanted, so I ended up with all three.  :)

I hope this inspires you to create a little something for the mom(s) in your life. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Apothecary Art - Clear-Mount Stamp
Apothecary Art

Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Framelits Labels Die
Best Friends Forever - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Best Friends Forever
Basic Pearls Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Pearls
Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter - by Stampin' Up!
Dazzling Diamonds


No comments: