5.01.2012

Slumber Party

Remember when you were young and the best parties were slumber parties?  Birthday week continues with a Pajama party.  :) 

Basically this idea started when I went shopping for some new PJ's to wear on our trip to CA this past March.  As I was looking around the store the thing that caught my eye was the fabric of these pajama bottoms.  I kept seeing fabric that I thought would make great paper, so I decided to make my own background paper with my new PJs as inspiration.  :)


Today's card is inspired by the jammies on the left in the picture.  They have a Regal Rose background with various colors of dots all over them. (I used Melon Mamo, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Certainly Celery or Pear Pizzazz... I can't remember which green I used)  I thought that would make a fun background. 

I didn't just want the circles sitting on top of the paper, so after adhering them to the cardstock I ran it through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.

This not only added texture to the card, but it made all those circles look embedded into the paper.  Don't you just love when a plan works out the way you want it to?  :)

As always, it's the details... those special little touches... that make a card mine.  The Best Friend Forever stamp set (retiring May 30th, 2012) has a small dot background stamp.  How perfect!  I stamped a piece of white cardstock with pool party dots, then used Melon Mambo to stamp the BFF (also from the BFF stamp set)  before punching it out with the XL oval punch.

To make the heart I stamped the heart in Wisteria Wonder and punched it out using the small heart punch.  Then I put it on a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and fussy cut it out.   The finishing touch is the sweet little library clip.  (It's on the retiring accessories list.)  So many things I love are retiring!  I'm excited to see what the new catalog will hold though... I've got some birthday $$$ to spend.  :)

If you look on the inside of the card you will see the full size heart that I fussy cut out and did the same layering technique as I had done on the front.  I like to take the elements that don't work on the front of the card and add them to the inside of the card.

What inspires you?  See if you can find a pattern you like and recreate it using paper, ink, stamps, etc.  If you do, let me know so I can be inspired by you! 

Come back tomorrow to see another card inspired by my new jammers.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Best Friends Forever Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Best Friends Forever
Mini Library Clips - by Stampin' Up!
Mini Library Clips
1/2 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Circle Punch
in Various Sizes

2 comments:

Louise in WA said...

What is "fussy" cut? Cute card and inspiration. I remember you telling me about the PJ idea. It is fun to see the idea complete!

Heather North said...

Louise, fussy cut is when you take the time to cut something out by hand. Usually it's something more intricate than a heart, but I'm terrible at cutting "pretty" so anything I cut by hand I consider "fussy cut". :D

P.S. I feel a little silly showing jammies on the world wide web. :) I have to remind myself it is just fabric.