5.14.2012

Inspired to Thank


Which card did I make?


My sweet friend gave me the card on the right for my birthday.  She said she wanted to give me a handmade card because I love them so much.  Isn't she thoughtful?

This card was so pretty and delicate, and it was my inspiration for the thank you card I created.  I think the original used colored pencils, but I didn't have any in pink, so I went for my aqua painter instead.

I love the look of the soft pink flowers framed in black and layered on an embossed white mat.  It's very elegant.  It's hard to see in the pictures, but I did add some dazzling diamonds to make it sparkle.

When it came time to do the butterfly I was in a bit of a pickle.  I don't own any butterfly brads and I don't even have Stampin' UP!'s flower brads.  (Shocking, I know, for those of you who have seen my brad collection.)  My solution thrilled me!  It honestly did.  I used the Beautiful Wings embosslit and punched out my butterfly, then I adhered it to my page and used Crystal Effects on top of the butterfly.  It dried with a shiny, glossy finish.

Here's my challenge to you... next time you receive a card you love, use it as inspiration to create your own special card.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North





Crystal Effects - by Stampin' Up!
Crystal Effects

Beautiful Wings Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die - by Stampin' Up!
Beautiful Wings Embosslit



Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder


Elements of Style - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Elements of Style Stamp Set

No comments: