5.30.2012

I2S Creative Sketches

Today I am a "guest blogger" again over at Inspired to Scrap.   Be sure to check out their blog AND their forum.  The forum is where I found today's sketch.

If you've been following me for awhile, you know I love using sketches.  I use them for cards and scrapbook layouts.   They can be used exactly as shown or as a great jumping off point for inspiration.  Sketches can be flipped, rotated, mirrored, doubled, or stretched.  You can add elements or take them away.  



My challenge for you today is to use a sketch on a layout and then take what you have leftover (paper, embellishments, etc.) and use the same sketch to make a card.   Below is my sample.




My layout came first.  I'm doing an album of a Shop Hop adventure I went on shortly after moving here.  It was a great way for me to explore the area and find where all the best LSS were.  :)  (LSS= Local Scrapbooking Stores)



You can use the same sketch I did or find one of you own.  Check my blog all week.  I'll be using a different sketch every day.   (Monday does not have the sketch included in the post, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

P.S.  If you like the Beau Chateau paper I used in my samples today, be sure to pick them up NOW.  Tomorrow is the last day they will be available if they haven't sold out already.   This is my all-time favorite SU paper pack. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Colors Used: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla and Basic Gray
Beau Château Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Beau Chateau DSP
Elements of Style - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Elements of Style
Scallop Edge Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Edge Border Punch


Stampin' Dimensionals - by Stampin' Up!
Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: