4.29.2012

It's My Party...

...and I'll post twice today if I want to.  :)  There's so little time left in the occasions mini catalog.   It ends tomorrow and this beautiful stamp set may be gone forever.  I've been wanting to make this card since the stamp set was released.  I think the layout/sketch is perfect for most of the images in this stamp set, but especially the pen and trumpet.  

The difficulty for me came in making the pen.  I wanted it to be gold or silver, but I don't have any SU embossing powder in those colors.  (Shocking I know, that there is something SU sells that I don't have.   lol)  When I saw Ann Clemmer's post using this stamp set I asked her what color she used and she told me More Mustard.  I have had that color marker since I got it in the marker set a decade ago, and haven't yet used it, until today.  It still works, and I think it is perfect for this pen.  What do you think?

My favorite part of this card, besides the focal image, is the background stamping with flowing script En Francais.  I inked it up with Crumb Cake, then stamped off before stamping on the Very Vanilla paper.

The inside is decorated as well.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry.  It's hard for me to photograph inside on dark and dreary days like today. 


Come back every day this week for my Slumber Party blog posts.  It's going to be a fun week on Heathers Creative Blessings.  :)


Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Rue Des Fleurs - Clear-Mount Stamp
Rue Des Fleurs
Blessings from Heaven Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Blessings From Heaven

En Francais Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
En Francais

No comments: