4.12.2012

Happy Birthday, Young Man

Today's card is meant to go to a friend of my teenage son.  Making cards for guys in their tweens & teens are a challenge for me.  Having 2 boys in this age group means I get lots of practice though.  :)

Don't you just love how Stampin' UP punches not only nest inside each other splendidly, but they are a perfect match for Stampin' UP stamps?  I inked up the stamp in Poppy Parade, then punched out the center using the 1" circle punch.  Then I inked the stamp with Island Indigo, and punched out the "Happy" circle using a 1 1/4" circle punch.  Next I layered it with the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch in Island Indigo cardstock, and I used the paper piercing tool to poke through the center of each scallop. 


Items Used on Card:
Paper: 2011-2013 In Colors DSP Patterns Stack, Island Indigo Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Island Indigo, Poppy Parade
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess Set), Daring Adventure
Punch: 1" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle
Misc.: Linen Thread, Paper Piercer

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Please CLICK HERE to visit my SU! Store

No comments: