3.04.2012

Scrapbooking Sunday



My 2009 album is slowly coming along.  Here are the layouts I created last week.

The paper I used for this layout had a grid on either side.  I used that to my advantage and did my  journaling on those lines.  :)

Fun little tag I made.  Did you know you can print on vellum from your home printer?   I didn't print this one, but I did use the Decorative Label punch to punch it out.  Then layered it onto my cardstock, punched out the corners with the Ticket Corner punch, and added dash lines with the fine point of my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.   It still needed a little something, so I added the eyelet and thread some Island Indigo Bakers Twine through the hole. 

Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Island Indigo Bakers Twine
Decorative Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Decorative Label Punch
Ticket Corner Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Ticket Corner Punch
Basic Gray Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Stampin' Write Marker

On the opposite page I made a banner using most of the same elements.  This ties the two pages together without having a complete mirror of embellishments.  I really like the way the Bakers Twine looks wrapped 3 times around the end of the banner. 

This layout came together exactly how I pictured it.  I love when that happens!  The pages were pretty easy to put together.  To make the border:
1. Cut (4) Strips of patterned paper 1 1/2" x 12"
2. Cut (4) Strips of coordinating cardstock  1" x 12"  (I used Pacific Point here)
3. Use the Scallop Trim Border Punch on all four of the 1" strips and layer together with your 1 1/2" strips.

Scallop Trim Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Trim Border Punch


Recently I figured out that I have a difficult time making masculine cards, and feminine scrapbook pages.   After all these years of scrapbooking my boys, making "boy" pages comes easy.  Usually I make cards to send to my friends, mom and mother in law, so making "girly" cards is far easier for me than coming up with an idea for a masculine card.  Go figure.  Practice makes perfect, so I will continue to stretch and grow and try new things until these projects become easy too.  :)

All that was said, to tell you I spent HOURS working on the pages below.  Had they been boy pages they would have been done in less than an hour.  That's not a bad thing though, because I had so much fun making this layout of my friend's sweet daughter.  <3  If you find yourself struggling with creativity I encourage you to keep trying. 


So many fun things were used on these pages!  The purple background paper was something I got for my 2007 Disney album, and the green paper was just scraps I had leftover that were too pretty to throw out. 

The picture above is what I spent the most time on.  I kept pulling things out of my "stash" and playing with them.  In the end, I LOVE what I cam up with.  It's not all Stampin' UP!, but I will list the products that are below for you.
Beautiful Wings Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die - by Stampin' Up!
Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Sweet Shop Jelly Bean Brads
Sweet Shop Jelly Bean Brads
Beau Château Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Beau Chateau DSP

Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Twitterpated DSP

Basic Pearls Jewel Accents - by Stampin' Up!
Basic Rhinestones
Here are the details for the butterflies.  I cut them out using my die cutting machine in Whisper White.  Then I took some Blushing Bride Cardstock and stamped it randomly with one of the Mixed Bunch blossoms in Blushing Bride ink.  then I ran that through the cutting machine.  It's a subtle detail.  If you look closely you will also see some Basic Pearls on some of the butterflies in this 2 page spread.


 Do you see that button in between the 2 butterflies?  I made that by punching out the "flower" from my background paper, and adhering it to the clear bitty buttons.  Sweet!
Bitty Buttons - by Stampin' Up!
Bitty Buttons

Punch Pack - by Stampin' Up!
Punch Pack
As you can see I "had" to play with almost every "girly" thing I own on this layout.  :) 

After spending hours on the girly page, I took me 10-15 minutes to whip out this bad boy. I do like the look of this layout, especially the left hand side.  It helped me to get lots of pictures onto these 2 pages.

Baja Breeze Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Baja Breeze Marker
Now I'm curious about you.  Have you found it easier to craft for one gender over another?  Have you found that changes based on what you are creating?  Now that I know why I struggle in certain areas it should be easier for me to conquer the challenge of creating for the sexes. 


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: