3.11.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

Are you ready to see what I've been scrapbooking in my craft room last week?

First up is part of the 1 hour challenge held Monday on the Inspired to Scrap blog.  Stacey gave us a sketch and we had one hour to create a layout, take a picture, and post the picture on the forum.  Much harder than it sounds. 

This sketch was a great way for me to use up some of my paper scraps.  What scrapbooker doesn't have a stash of those?

After the time was up I went back into our hobby room and did the opposite page. 

I'm still debating on adding stitch lines to the "frame" like I did to the wavy circle on the first page.  What do you think?


Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso Marker
Decorative Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Decorative Label Punch

Here they are together.  As you can see, I cut the wavy circle out of the center of a piece of cardstock, and used the "leftover frame" as a decorative element on the opposing page. 

I really struggled with the page above.  Apparently, it's not just a "girly" page thing for me.  LOL.  The problem was I had 4 pictures in military colors, and 1 of an bright sky blue airplane.   What's a girl to do?  The solution, for me, was to add invasion stripes (aka taffeta ribbon) to the RHS.  How fun!
Whisper White 3/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon

Basic Black 3/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
In this close-up you can see how I sponged the edges of the torn cardstock.  Hope my boys like this page.
Stamping Sponges - by Stampin' Up!
Stamping Sponges

Early Espresso Classic Stampin Pad - by Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso Ink Pad
So, those are my pages for the week.  Only 4 this time.   :(  But, I am super happy about the last 2 being done.  They've stumped me for almost 2 weeks now.  :)  Sometimes my time has to be spent just getting things done. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Don't forget to click on my Special Offer page at the top of this blog for my March special.   :)  I want to send one to you!

No comments: