3.05.2012

Happy Birthday Bro

Today is my brother's birthday, so instead of a Cardmaking 101 video, I'm showing you the card I sent him and using this opportunity to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Bro!


The inspiration for this card came from the card club I was in before signing up to be a Demonstrator myself.   These were the cards I made following Joan Robertson's instruction.  Thanks, Joan.  You are  the Diva of all cards.


As you can see in the cards above I tied a knot in the twill and added a safety pin and tags to the knot.  In the bottom card I left off the knot so it would be flatter for mailing.  I also added a sentiment and did some sponging. 

Well Worn Designer Series Paper and Daring Adventure Stamp Set are perfect pairs for masculine cards.  If you need some help coming up with ideas for creating cards for the men in your life, you are in good company.  I'll be posting a masculine card or two every week this month to help you and I build our stash of man cards.  :)
Daring Adventure - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Daring Adventure
Well Worn Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!
Well Worn Designer Paper
3/8 Inch Twill Tape - by Stampin' Up!
Twill Tape

I wanted my brother to know I made this card for him, so I added this touch to the back of my card.  (pg. 172 of the current Catalog)


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you missed my post last week, click here to see how you can get one (or more) of these Shadow Box kits for FREE.  :)

No comments: