2.05.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

My sketch class is now over.  It was fun, and I was able to complete 29 pages in January!  My scrapbooking Mojo is back, and I'm on a roll.  Here are some layouts I completed last week.
I2S Sketch #11-
***I had put 11 instead of 9, because Michael turned 11 last year.  (however I am working on our 2009 album)  When I went to scrapbook the pictures with his cake I saw the 9 candle and realized my mistake.  Luckily I was able to peel off the 11 and replace it with 9.  :)  Scrapbooking is all about creative solutions.

I2S Sketch #13-

I used up so many things from my "stash".  Brads I've had since before we went to Disneyland in 2007, paper, and title stickers.  It really does feel good to use it up.  Perhaps in February I will try a "Use My Stash" challenge. 

Here is the DPS of the two layouts above.  Can you see how I cut the middle out of a piece of paper, put the frame on the LHS and the middle square on the RHS?  Great way to stretch your paper.
The next 2 layouts I debated on showing. They are pretty basic, but sometimes we need simple pages in our scrapbook.  For Mikey's party I had a lot of pictures I wanted to include showing all his friends and fun.  The pictures were "busy" with lots of colors and people, so I needed to make sure the background papers did not "compete" with my pictures.
***Solution- My "star" paper was 1/4" too short. (11 3/4" instead of 12") Just enough to really notice the gap.  I looked in my "blue scraps" drawer and found a solid blue paper that I cut 1/4" bigger and it made a nice frame/mat for the star paper.  I like it even better than if I had just used a strip of blue.  Reminds me of my old CM border days.  :)  There is a place for all styles in scrapbooking!

Do you see that strip of star paper in the center?  I bought it so many years ago that I don't even remember who I bought it from.  I looked to see who made it, because I remember it being in a "kit".  Guess what?  It's Stampin' UP!  :)  Made me laugh because I thought it was CTMH that I bought from Carla P.  I guess not.  LOL  The paper was PERFECT!  Does that mean it's okay to hold on to paper for years?????

I2S Sketch #10-

Wild Wasabi Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!
Wild Wasabi Marker
I2S Sketch #14-

I used Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine as an accent on the edge of this picture.

Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine
Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine

I2S Sketch #17-  (last sketch in the January class)

Close up of my snowflake banner.
 It's a little detail, but it adds so much, don't you think?

Basics Glimmer Brads - by Stampin' Up!
Glimmer Brads

White Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
White Bakers Twine
Hope you get some time to scrapbook today!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: