2.25.2012

12 Months of Christmas 1-25-12

You may be asking yourself, "didn't we just put away all our Christmas decorations?"  Don't panic, we aren't getting close to Christmas.  But if you are a crafter, you know that you need to get a head start on holiday crafts in order to avoid being OVERWHELMED at Christmastime.    The best way to do that is create a little something all year long, so that when December rolls around you can enjoy the holidays instead of losing sleep trying to find more hours in the day to get everything done.

To prepare all the Christmas cards I want to send out I am doing a set of 5-10 Christmas cards on (or near) the 25th of each month.   By December I will have over 75 cards ready to be sent out.   Sounds do-able, right?  Actually coming up with the first design is the hardest part.  Duplicating 4-9 more is actually easy.  That's why I will be posting my card ideas here to inspire you.  If you don't need 100 cards, do 5 a month or even 1 a month and just give them to those super special people in your life. 

Card for 1-25-12  (It was snowing and our power was out in January.  Inspiration can be seen below.)



I got the idea for this card from a video I saw on the Stampin' UP demonstrator website.  :)  After making the card I realized how high the doily snowflake sticks up, so I won't be mailing this design.   That's okay, I have a plan.  I'm going to take the snowflake punch or diecut and add that to the center for the cards I'm mailing, or I can just give this card in person. 

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I used some glimmer mist to add sparkle to the entire card.  Did you know you can make your own glimmer mist by adding some rubbing alcohol with shimmer paint in an empty spray bottle.  Shake and spritz.  *or you could just use smooch spritz.



Frost White Shimmer Paint - by Stampin' Up!
Frost White Shimmer Paint
I'm not sure if the stamp set I used will be in the next catalog, but any stamp set that has a snowflake would work.  (not to mention doily, flower, lace, etc.) 

Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Large Lace Border Punch

1-3/4 Inch Scallop Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Circle
(I used 1 3/4" and had to cut the Border in half, if you use the 2 3/8" you wouldn't have to)


White Stampin' Emboss Powder - by Stampin' Up!
White Embossing Powder
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Bright Hopes
Base: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake
Ink: Versamark (with White Embossing Powder)
Misc.: White Bakers Twine, Scallop Circle Punch, Large Lace Border Punch, Basic Rhinestone

1 comment:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful! I love that 3D snowflake!