1.15.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

I'm still going strong in the Inspired to Scrap sketch class.  This week we got 3 sketches. 

Close up of my work in progress.   I'm loving the look of banners, but I still haven't mastered the "cut".   I may buy SU! Paper Snips with my next order and try making these banners again because those scissors have a nice sharp point.

Sketch 6: was a Double Page Spread.  I LOVE it!  I'll be using this one again.  I added 3 pictures to the sketch to make it fit the pictures I wanted to use.

Have you ever bought Double Sided Paper, and had a difficult time deciding which side to use?  Sometimes it seems a shame to hide the back side.  This page is a nice solution.  Here's what I did.

1. Cut 3" off a 12x12" sheet of double sided paper.  Now you have a 9"x12" Sheet and a 3"x12" paper.
2. Cut the 3" paper in half to 1 1/2" x 12"
3. Place one of the 1 1/2" strips on the top of the page.
4. Turn the 9" x 12" paper over to the other side and adhere below the smaller top strip.
5. Adhere the remaining 1 1/2" strip to the bottom. 
 
Now you have made  your own designer series paper and you get the best of both sides. 
(Note: Paper used is retired SU! Blueberry Crisp.  This is my first SU scrapbooking page.  I was honestly surpirsed how well the paper coordinated with my picutres)

Stampin' UP! Supplies Used:
Paper: Sahara Sand, Blueberry Crisp DSP (Retired)
Ink: Pacific Point Marker
Misc.: Basic Glimmer Brads, Glue Dots, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Dimensionals.
Sketch 7:  Sorry some of he colors are hard to see.  It not a good day to photograph. 





Sketch 8



Both together:


Even though the 2 sketches were very different, the 2 pages flow together because they use the same colors and papers.  The colors are hard to see.  There's a snowstorm going on here in SW WA, so this was the best I could do today.  It was fun playing with pink paper, and I love how it looks with the mint green

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: