12.04.2011

Stampede Challenge #3

Joan asked me if I would be interested in being a guest designer for her monthly challenge.  I was so honored!  Who would have thought somebody would want to see my creations that isn't related to me?
Boy was this one a challenge.  The sketch was easy to work with, but the colors were more difficult.   River Rock is one of my least favorite Stampin' Up colors, but it is growing on me. Strangely enough it was getting the 2 blues to match up with the 2 nuetrals that caused me difficulties.  I love a challenge though.  I always learn something. 

Here is the Challenge



Here is my take on the sketch.  I tried to stay pretty close to the original sketch and colors for my first try.  You can see my second attempt HERE where I went completely Christmas, turned the sketch on it's side and used different colors.  (What a rebel!)

I did add a (Basic Grey Satin) ribbon knot to the card.


I couldn't leave the card like that though because it was "screaming" for some black brads up in the left hand corner.   While I was at it I added some stickles for a little sparkle, though it's hard to see in the picture. Which do you like best? 

 The inside of the card has a mat of River Rock patterned paper that I uses on the front.  I like the look of a dark background base, so I often add a light mat on the inside of the card for the greeting.


The best part of this card is that River Rock patterned paper.  I had it in a mat stack I bought WELL before moving up here to WA.  It was the one paper in that stack I thought I would never use, and it was PERFECT for this challenge.  Now I kind-of wish I had more of it because it is a nice soft neutral.


If you would like to play along, head on over to Joan's Daily Stampede and submit your card/scrapbook page or just look at what others are doing with this challenge.

No comments: