12.24.2011

My 2011 Christmas Cards


I made several styles of Christmas cards this year.  Some were from classes and others were from clubs.  I found some online that I tried to copy, but ended up adding my own style.  Then there were the ones that I just pulled out some stamps and paper and started to create.  This card was my favorite of all my personal designs and what I planned to make for all my handmade cards this year....

In making them though I discovered a few things.
1. I started too late.  This was a simple design, but time consuming.  I either needed a quicker card or I should have started sooner.
2. When mass producing cards it is best to have easy to duplicate measurements
3.  Variety is the spice of life.  Making loads of the same design can turn that design from something you love to something you never want to create again.  Changing the colors or an element can make any project a little more interesting.
 Above is the original card I designed.  It uses Baja Breeze cardstock for the card base instead of just a layer onto Whisper White cardstock. I also stamped a background in Baja Breeze ink, but liked it better without that.  The original has Baja Breeze seam binding.  I forgot to add that layer to this last bunch of cards I made.  Which do you like better?

I also made a batch of these cards with Marina Mist.  I loved those too.  I planned on making it with Pool Party, but forgot to order that color ink in time.  DOH!  I may make this in Pool Party though with the matching ruffled ribbon because I think that would be pretty.



Suplies:
Ink: Baja Breeze, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Christmas Lodge
Misc.: Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Silver Embossing Powder, Scallopped Eyelet Border Punch, Dimensionals, Glimmer Mist, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Artistic Etchings - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Artistic Etchings

Christmas Lodge Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Christmas Lodge

Baja Breeze 1/2 Inch Seam Binding Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!
Baja Breeze

Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Polka Dots Embossing Folder

No comments: