11.20.2011

Make Two, Give One

In 2010 I gave myself a challenge to make all the cards I gave out that year, unless I already had them.  My goal was to not buy any cards, and hopefully improve my skills in cardmaking.  I also wanted to use up my ever growing stash of paper, stickers, brads, ribbons and other miscellaneous embellishments. 

One thing I found very helpful was to make 2 cards at a time and give one away.  That way I would have an extra on hand for those times I needed a quick card or didn't have time to make a new one.  If I made a card that I really liked I would often make 3 or 4.

Fast forward to today.  Micheal needed a birthday card for his friend, and I didn't have time to make one.  I went digging through my stash and found my favorite young man card I have ever made.  I think I made at least half a dozen of these in 2010, but I still had one left.  Hope he likes.  Michael didn't even know this boy back in 2010, so it will be new for him. 


To make this card I tore several different pieces of cardstock in various "camo" colors, making sure to leave the edges rough.  Next I layered these pieces onto a piece of white cardstock, making sure to leave some white showing.  (If you are making several of these, you can just adhere it to a large piece of cardstock, and then trim down.)

After I had the camo look I wanted, I trimmed down the white cardstock to 3 3/4 x 5.  The sentiment in the middle was cut out using my Cricut, and cut again using the shadow feature.  I used brads through the top of the tags to add some metal to the card.  I then mounted the "white" cardstock to a black mat.  (4 x 5 1/4)  Allt his was adhered to my white card base.  It really is super simple and easy.  I think I used my xyron to adhere all the different elements, except the brads, but it has been so long now, I'm not 100% sure. 

No comments: