10.02.2011

National Cardmaking Bliss

National cardmaking day was yesterday, or so I am told.  In honor of the occasion I made this card using my favorite stamp set and a backgroud stamp I have been afraid to use.  My fear is gone and I think I will be using the En Francais background stamp over and over again.  :)


Close up showing some of the details...



Most of the products used were Stampin' UP!  Here's how I did it.

First I used a tent fold base of Sahara Sand(SS), then I created the background on Whisper White (4 x 5 1/2) by lightly sponging Wisteria Wonder(WW) and Sahara Sand.  Next I used the background stamp "En Francais" and inked it up with WW, then I used my sponge to remove some of the ink.  (next time I will remove a little more)  I placed my whisper white cardstock on top of the inked image and rubbed to transfer the image.  After cleaning my stamp I inked up lightly with SS and stamped the background again.  I matted the image with WW cut at at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8)  The last thing I did was to stamp "Bliss" at the bottom right corner using Timber Brown VersaMark. 

The center image is another stamp from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set stamped in Wisteria Wonder on Whisper White, and the WW mat is 1/8" bigger.  I popped that up on dimensionals.  The butterflies are stamped, cut out, and adhered using glue dots.

Next I used glimmer mist to add some shimmer.  Then I applied my rhinestones and tied the ribbon around the bottom.  I simply love this card!!!

No comments: